Itinerary: Bishkek – Shamshy Gorge – Kochkor – Son-Kul Lake – Suusamyr valley – Bishkek
Duration: 10 days / 9 nights (3 days horse riding).
Best season: late June – mid September
Group size: 5 -6 persons
Notes: The participants of horse riding trip should be well trained horse riders.
Description: During this horse riding tour you will ride a horse in our pristine mountains as nomads did for many centuries. Kyrgyz people say: “Horses are man’s wings”. You will feel it when you are in Kyrgyzstan. This horse riding tour is combined with culture tour and the tourists can see Kyrgyz traditions and customs which is still alive on Great Silk Road.
|1||Arrival in Bishkek. Meeting at the airport in “Manas” and transfer to the Hotel 3*. Sightseeing in Bishek: visit central square Ala-Too, State History Museum, Fine Art Museum, Oak park, Osh market, Philormonia Concert Hall and etc. Accommodation in the hotel 3*||Shah Palace Hotel 3*|
|2||Breakfast. Transfer to Smashy Gorge (120 km, 2 hrs). On the way excursion to Burana Tower (X-XI cen). Lunch in Yurt Inn. Afternoon walking in the fir-tree forest and enjoy nature. Dinner and accommodation in Yurt Inn.||Yurt Inn|
|3||Breakfast. Meet horsemen and guides’ team, load all the stuffs and start horseback riding to fir – tree tunnel in Tuyuk. Full Board. Overnight in tents. Horse riding time: 6 hours.||Tent|
|4||Breakfast. Continue horseback riding towards Shamshy pass (3 570 meters). Full Board. Overnight in tents before the pass. Horse riding time: 6 hours.||Tent|
|5||After breakfast continue tour and cross the Shamshy pass (3 570 meters). Discover the nice view of Kochkor-Shamshy valley and hike up to Sarala-Saz jailoo, which opens beautiful views of the Sandyk mountains. Meet local nomads and see local traditions and customs. View of nomad’s yurts from the top of the mountain look like Parisian’s mushrooms. Full board. Set up the tents near the nomad’s yurts in Sarala-Saz. Horse riding time: 6 hours.||Tent|
|6||Breakfast. Meeting with vehicle and transfer to Kochkor (95 km, 2 hrs). Check-in the family run home stay. Rest. Afternoon visit handicraft and souvenir shop. As option: Folklore show or see manufacturing of the felt carpet. Accommodation in home stay.||Family run home stay|
|7||Breakfast. Transfer to Son-Kul lake (120 km, 3-4 hrs). Lunch in Yurt Inn. Afternoon visit local nomad families and see their traditions, customs. Dinner and accommodation in Yurt Inn.||Yurt Inn|
|8||Breakfast. Rest. Enjoy local nature and view. After lunch transfer to Suusamyr valley via Chaek and along Kokomeren river (170 км, 3-4 hrs). Dinner and accommodation in Home Stay.||Home Stay|
|9||Breakfast. Transfer to Bishkek (190 km, 3-4 hrs). On the way visit Kojomkul museum (Kyrgyz Gerkules). Lunch-box. Accommodation in the hotel 3*||Shah Palace Hotel 3*|
|10||Breakfast. Transfer to the airport “Manas”. Departure||—|
Price is available by request.
Silk Road & Kyrgyz Guided Trips LLC
189 Tynystanova str., 720000
Tel: +996 312 883644 land line
Whatsapp: +996 557 799683
Web site: http://silkroad-trip.com/
Program price includes:
- Transportation from day 1 to day 10
— For the group up to 4 persons by Minvan Delica 6 seats, 4 WD
— Fore the group up to 5 persons by Minibus, 13 seats
— Bishkek, Shah Palace hotel 3* or equal level on double basis, 2 nights, private bathroom
— Shamshy Gorge: Yurt Inn on sharing basis, full board is included (5 persons of the same gender in a yurt)
— Tents on double sharing basis during horse trek
— Kochkor village: Family run home stay, 1 night, shared bathroom
— Son-Kul Lake, Yurt Inn on sharing basis, full board is included
— Suusamyr valley: CBT Home Stay, 1 night, shared bathroom, full board is included
- Horses for horse riding (4 days, including return way)
- Horses to load equipments
- 2 Horsemen (4 day, including return way), including their meals
- English speaking guide from day 1 to day 10 including horse, salary, meals and accommodation
- Full board during horse trek from lunch on day 2 to breakfast on day 6.
- Kitchen and dining utensils
- Cook for horse riding trip for the group more than 4 person
- Memorable souvenirs
- International air ticket
- Kyrgyz visa / visa support letter
- Carry mats, sleeping bag
- Meals en-routes
- Alcohol beverage during tour
- The offered program can be conducted from early June till early September 2015
- In case of early arrival in Bishkek, early check-in the hotel is charged fully – 50 USD per person in twin room / night
- The horse riding program must be ordered in advance at least 7 days before arrival dates to Shamshy Gorge. Otherwise we can guarantee arrangement of the horse riding tour for such long days
- Cook is provided for group more than 4 persons. For the smaller group up to 3 persons are provided / prepared by horseman assistant and guide-interpreter.
- Meals in mountainous region are included because there are not any option to go out for meals
- Weather in the mountain even in August is quite cold at night and it is highly recommended to have warm clothes and raincoat.
- Four and Five star accommodation in available by request. The price of the programme will be changed accordingly.
Please, contact us to get the best exclusive rates.