Type: Cultural tour
Season: May — October
Duratio n: 8 days, 7 nights
Itinerary: Bishkek – Shamshy Gorge -Cholpon-Ata — Karakol- Altyn-Arashan — Chon-Kemin Nature Park -Bishkek
Description: During this tour you will enjoy the beauty of Central Tien-Shan Mountains, see one of the most magnificent mountain lakes, see how nowadays people live in the villages and experience the ancient culture of Kyrgyz nomads. During this trip you will stay close to the nature and local cultural.
Arrival in Bishkek. (indicate date and flight details). Meeting at the airport “Manas”, transfer to the hotel 3*. Rest. Sightseeing tour: visit Ala-Too square, Osh market Opera and Ballet Theatre, Fine Art Museum, World National Library and etc. Accommodation in the hotel 3*. Meals: breakfast, lunch
|2||Bishkek – Shamshy Gorge
Breakfast. Transfer to Shamshy Gorge (120km, 2,5 hours). On the way visit Burana Tower, a large minaret dated to the 10th century, a settlement on the Great Silk Road. Lunch in Yurt Inn. Afternoon hiking to the mountains or horseback riding. Dinner and accommodation in Yurt Inn. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Shamshy Gorge is a unique natural reserve where the natural landscapes are preserved almost in virgin state. The glaciers are neighboring with green coniferous forests and steppe regions where tourists can feel real Kyrgyz dwelling in Yurt Inn as a nomad people. It is situated at the altitude of 3570m. Through the gorge the Shamshy River crashes dramatically from rock to rock. Shamshy Pass, located at the altitude of 3573 m, connects the Kochkorskiy and Chuy valleys. Nowadays, many horse trips pass through our gorge enroute over Shamshy Pass in the direction of Son-Kul Lake.
|3||Shamshy Gorge – Issyk-Kul Lake
Breakfast. Transfer to Cholpon –Ata, northern shore of Issyk-Kul lake (240 km, 3-4 hours). Visiting Cultural Complex “Ruh Ordo” after name of Kyrgyz famous writer Chyngyz Aitmatov. Petroglyphs Museum on open air in Cholpon-Ata. Rest / walking on the shore of the mountain lake Issyk-Kul. Dinner in local restaurant. Accommodation in the Home Stay. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
|4||Issyk-Kul Lake – Karakol
After breakfast transfer to Karakol (140 km, 3-4 hrs). On the way excursion to Grigorievskoe Gorge by exiting from Semenovskoe Gorge (50 km, 1 hrs). Upon arrival to Karakol visit Prejevalskiy Museum. Afternoon visit Dungan mosque (built in 1910 years), Cathedral of the Holy Trinity (XVIIII cen.). Dinner and accommodation in the Family run home stay. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Breakfast. Excursion to Altyn-Arashan Gorge (Hot Springs) by Russian jeep UAZ, 4 WD (45 km, 2,5 hrs). On the way visit Issyk-Kul reserve in Ak-Suu Gorge. Lunch-box. See different size of hot springs in the Altyn-Arashan Gorge, walking through the fir-trees forest and enjoy magnificent view of local nature. Back to Karakol. Dinner in local restaurant. Accommodation in the Guest House. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
|6||Karakol – Chon-Kemin Nature Park
Breakfast. Transfer to Chon-Kemin Nature Park (320 km, 4-5 hrs), along southern shore of Issyk-Kul lake. On the way excursion to Jety-Oguz Gorge, see seven red stone mountains and Broken Hurt mountains. Walking to waterfall in the Kok-Jaiyk summer pasture which is surrounded by coniferous forests. Continue excursion on the way and visit Skazka Gorge. Lunch in the family house in Bokonbaeva village. Optional extra: After lunch seeing Salburun show (Eagle hunting show) in Bokonbaeva village. Dinner and accommodation in Ashu Guest House. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|7||Chon-Kemin Nature Park – Bishkek
Breakfast. Hiking in the mountain. After lunch transfer to Bishkek (140 km, 3 hours). Check-in the hotel 3*. Free time for your own. Dinner in restaurant. Accommodation in the hotel 3*. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|8||Bishkek – Airport “Manas”
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport “Manas” (40 km, 30 min). Departure.
Price is available by request.
Silk Road & Kyrgyz Guided Trips LLC
189 Tynystanova str., 720000
Tel: +996 312 883644 land line
Whatsapp: +996 557 799683
Web site: http://silkroad-trip.com/
Program price includes:
- Minivan Delica 4 WD, 6 seats for group up to 4 persons
- Minibus 18 seats, for the group of 5 person up to 12 persons
- Transfer Karakol – Altyn-Arashan by Russian jeep group up to 4 person and cross country vehicle GAS 66, 12 seats for the group of 5 person and more
- Bishkek, Shah Palace 3* or equal level — 2 nights, private bathroom and breakfast is included
- Shamshy Gorge, Yurt Inn, 1 night, full board.
- Issyk-Kul: Familly run home stay, shared bathroom or equal level — 1 night, private bathroom, breakfast are included.
- Karakol, Green Yard Guest House or equal level, private bathroom — 2 nights, breakfast is included
- Chon-Kemin Nature Park: Ashu Guest House, 1 night, private bathroom, full board.
- English speaking guide from day 1 to day 8, including salary, meals and accommodation.
- Meals: Full Board
- Excursion + entrance fees according to program
- Bottled water during program 1,5 litre per person per day
- Memorable souvenir
Service does not include:
- International air flight
- Early check in Bishkek: hotel 3*
- Alcohol beverage in restaurants
- Kyrgyz visa / visa support letter
- Horseback riding in Shamshy Gorge
- Salburun (Eagle Hunting show)
- In case of early arrival in Bishkek on day 1, extra charge for early check-in the hotel is applied
- Four or five star hotels can be arranged by request, but the program price will be changed accordingly.
- Cross country vehicles are planned for Altyn-Arashan Gorge due to bad off road condition
- Offered program can be changed or individualized according to the interests of the tourists
Please, contact us to get the best exclusive rates.