Type: Cultural tour
Season: Early June – late September
Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
Itinerary: Bishkek – Kochkor – Son-Kul lake — Naryn – Isyk-Kul lake – Karakol – Chon-Kemin –Bishkek
Description: During this tour you will enjoy the beauty of Central Tien-Shan Mountains, see and learn about Kyrgyz Arts and Nomad’s Ethnography. Moreover you can visit one of the most magnificent mountain lakes, see how nowadays Kyrgyz people live in the villages and how they saved and keep the ancient culture of Kyrgyz nomads, that is still alive today in their Djailoos (summer alpine pastures) where you will be welcomed with warmest hospitality and invited for everything they have in their yurts (Kyrgyz national dwelling).
Arrival in Bishkek. Meeting at the airport “Manas”, transfer to the hotel 3*. Rest. Sightseeing tour: visit Ala-Too square, Osh market Opera and Ballet Theatre, Fine Art Museum, World National Library and etc. Lunch and dinner in local restaurant. Accommodation in the hotel 3*. Meals: lunch, dinner
|2||Bishkek – Shamshy Gorge
Breakfast. Transfer to Shamshy Gorge (120km, 2,5 hours). On the way visit Burana Tower, a large minaret dated to the 10th century, a settlement on the Great Silk Road. Lunch in Yurt Inn. Afternoon hiking to the mountains or horseback riding. Dinner and accommodation in Yurt Inn (Kyrgyz traditional dwelling). Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Shamshy Gorge is a unique natural reserve where the natural landscapes are preserved almost in virgin state. The glaciers are neighboring with green coniferous forests and steppe regions where tourists can feel real Kyrgyz dwelling in Yurt Inn as a nomad people. It is situated at the altitude of 3570m. Through the gorge the Shamshy River crashes dramatically from rock to rock. Shamshy Pass, located at the altitude of 3573 m, connects the Kochkorskiy and Chuy valleys. Nowadays, many horse trips pass through our gorge enroute over Shamshy Pass in the direction of Son-Kul Lake.
|3||Shamshy Gorge – Kochkor
After breakfast transfer to Kochkor village, 170 km, 3 hours, where you will visit the Altyn-Kol Women’s Handicraft Co-operation. At Felt Master’s you will learn how nomadic Kyrgyz women made felt rags Shyrdak, Ala-Kiyiz (Kyrgyz felt hand make carpet). Lunch at the Felt Master house with traditional meals in Kochkor. After lunch excursion to Salt Mine resort “Chon-Tuz” for providing asthma and allergy treatment. Dinner and accommodation in CBT Home Stay. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|4||Kochkor – Son-Kul lake
Breakfast. Transfer to second large alpine lake Son-Kul (120 km, 3,5 hrs), at the altitude of 3016m. One of the famous Tien-Shan mountain lake for summer pastures, where you can see nomad traditions, customs, lifestyle which is alive nowadays. It is the best place for nature lovers and can get an experience nomad’s life, horse riding and relaxation without civilization and town noisy, WI-FI, mobile service. Lunch and dinner. Accommodation in Yurt Inn. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
|5||Son-Kul Lake – Naryn
Breakfast. Rest & enjoy nature. After lunch transfer to Naryn town (145 km, 3-4 hours). Naryn town is situated at the heart of Tien-Shan and on the banks of the Naryn river, one of the main tributaries of the Syr-Darya river that flows to Aral Sea. Arrival to Naryn town. Take bath in Russian sauna. Dinner and accommodation in Family run home stay to be learn local customs and lifestyle. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|6||Naryn – Eki-Naryn – Kyzyl-Suu (Issyk-Kul Lake)
Breakfast. Transfer to Kyzyl-Suu village, southern side of Issyk-Kul Lake via Eki-Naryn (370 km, 6 hours). Excursion to Naryn State Natural Reserve where you can see deers that comes for the nutrition. On the way you will see the German Swastika planted with coniferous trees on the mountain slope. Visit Kyrgyz nomad family for lunch who keepers of the Yaks and Horses in Eki-Naryn and enjoy amazing scenery of the local nature. Arrival to Kyzyl-Tuu village, village of Yurt makers. Dinner and accommodation in Familly run Home stay. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|7||Kyzyl-Suu – Karakol
Breakfast. Transfer to Karakol (140 km, 3 hrs) along southern side of Issyk-Kul Lake. Visit Eagle hunter’s house to learn about Eagle Hunting and training of the Eagles. See Kyrgyz national traditions “Kyz Kuumai”, Kyz Uzatuu” (marriage ceremony). Afternoon excursion to Jety-Oguz Gorge, see seven red stone mountains and Broken Heart mountains. Walking to waterfall in the Kok-Jaiyk summer pasture which is surrounded by coniferous forests. Lunch in Yurt Inn. Dinner and accommodation in the Green Yard Guest House. Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
|8||Karakol – Chon-Kemin Nature Park
After breakfast excursion to Prejevalskiy Museum, Dungan mosque (built in 1910 years), Cathedral of the Holy Trinity (XVIIII cen.) in Karakol. Transfer to Chon-Kemin Nature Park (340 km, 5-6 hrs) along northern side of Issyk-Kul Lake. Drive by entering Semenovskay Gorge and exiting from Grigorivskay Gorge. Lunch in the café. On the way visit Cultural Complex “Ruh Ordo” after name of Kyrgyz famous writer Chyngyz Aitmatov, Petroglyphs Museum on open air in Cholpon-Ata. Arrival in Chon-Kemin Nature Park and check-in Ashu Guest House, where you will be served by traditional dinner. Accommodation in Ashu Guest House. Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
|9||Breakfast. Free time. Hiking or horse riding. After lunch transfer to Bishkek (140 km, 3 hrs). Lunch en-route café. Afternoon check-in the hotel 3*. Rest. Dinner in local restaurant. Accommodation in the hotel 3*.|
|10||Breakfast. Transfer to Bishkek (35 km, 30 min). Departure.|
Price is available by request.
Silk Road & Kyrgyz Guided Trips LLC
189 Tynystanova str., 720000
Tel: +996 312 883644 land line
Whatsapp: +996 557 799683
Web site: http://silkroad-trip.com/
Program price includes:
- For the group up to 4 pax by Minivan Delica 4 WD from day 1 to day 10
- For the group up to 12 pax by Minibus, 18 seats from day 1 to day 10
- Bishkek, Shah Palace 3* or equal level — 2 nights, private bathroom and breakfast is included
- Shamshy Gorge – Yurt Inn, 5 persons in one gender in 1 yurt. Full board.
- Kochkor: Family run Home stay – 1 night, shred bathroom. Half board.
- Son-Kul Lake, Yurt Inn, — 1 night on sharing basis, full board.
- Naryn: Family run Home stay – 1 night, Russian sauna.
- Kyzyl-Tuu: Family run Home stay – 1 night, half board.
- Karakol: Green Yard Guest House, private bathroom
- Chon-Kemin Nature Park: Ashu Guest House, 1 night, private bathroom. Full board.
- English speaking guide from day 1 to day 10, including salary, meals and accommodation.
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Excursion + entrance fees according to program
- Folklore and manufacture of felt carpet in Kochkor and marriage ceremony
- Bottled water during program 1,5 litre per person per day
- Memorable souvenirs
Service does not include:
- International air flight
- Early check in Bishkek
- Alcohol beverage in restaurants
- Kyrgyz visa / visa support letter
- Horseback riding in Chon-Kemin Nature Park – 20 USD per horse /day
- In case of early check-in on day 1, extra night for the accommodation is charged
- The offered itinerary can be done from June 10 till September 15
- Accommodation in Yurt Inn on sharing basis in one gender, 5 persons in one yurt
- It is recommended to have warm clothes for mountainous area
- Offered program can be changed or individualized according to the interests of the tourists
Please, contact us to get the best exclusive rates.