The yurt camp is located on the south shore of the Lake Song-Kul, 50 km from the Tolok Pass.
Song-Kul is a mountain alpine lake situated in the Tian-Shan Mountain Range at an altitude of 3016 m.It is the second largest lake in Kyrgyzstan after IssykKul Lake, and the largest fresh water lake in Kyrgyzstan. Its name, meaning «following lake», is popularly considered to refer to this relation. It is popular with wild summer pasture and mountains. Its beauty is greatly praised, but it is rather inaccessible. All routes require all-terrain vehicles. Due to no permanent facilities on the lake, we are happy to accommodate in Yurt Camp, Kyrgyz traditional dwelling to experience nomad’s way lifestyle.
Date of operation: Early June – late September
Location: Son-Kul Lake, 332 km, 5-6 hrs from Bishkek through Kochkor
Capacity: 5 Yurts for 25-30 persons (5-6 person in each)
Accommodation: Kyrgyz style of dwelling (bedding on a felt carpets) and on the bed. Accommodation provided on sharing basis of one gender.
Meals: in Yurt Kitchen for 20 persons
Infrastructure: OutdoorFrench style toilet (hole in the floor), outdoor shower with warm water
Washstand: 1 with warm water
Type: Wooden and felt Yurts decorated in traditional Kyrgyz style with local traditional craft.
Price of the services:
- Lodging (B&B) in Yurt Inn – 25 USD per person with full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Horse rent – 20 USD per horse per day
- Horseman — 35 USD per day
- English Speaking Horse Guide – 55 USD per day
- Traditional dish “BeshBarmak” – 150 USD per group of 10 persons
- Horse Games: 250 – 350 USD per group of 10 persons